Today was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the sky was blue and the air was filled with happy chatter. This got me thinking about make-up and nails. Spring always brings out pastels, we rock mint greens, lilacs and peaches. We reach for corals, pinks and oranges. Autumn and Winter, we head over to reds, plums and  blacks. So, where are the blues?

I could not understand. Sometimes, I love to match my lipstick to my nails or outfit, however sometimes I just want a nail that can be forgiving with all colours, and most blues do that. I wanted my nails to carry that fresh breeze and almost imitate those beautiful blue skies. So here, is an ode, to the blue.


I chose navy, darker blues to avoid the typical bright, glitter, or pastel blues we are used to seeing. Navy/darker blues add a slight mysterious edge to the nail whilst making them look elegant and reminding us of the sky, especially those beautiful clear dark blue skies after the sun has set. Furthermore, these shades of blue really do seem to suit every make-up look, red, smokey, coral, winged, pink, bronzed, highlighted, dewy, matte - you name it, blue will suit it!



THE TOP FIVE BLUES:

Essie - Bobbing for baubles



L'Oreal - 608 Luxembourg Garden


NYC - 115 Ink Stain


Urban Outfitters W.I.P - Cleopatra


OPI - Into The Night



Will you be diving into the blue?

Post a Comment

Contact

© Coquette Noelle
Design by The Basic Page