A year ago I decided to start investing in skin care, I had watched about a million AModelRecommends videos and had searched reviews on Makeupalley for everything that interested me! Today, I would say that my skincare knowledge is pretty great (ask me about hyaluronic, salicylic and lactic acid and I can give you some answers!) So, a few months ago I bought a cleanser (which I love) and then decided to buy the matching toner and I am a strong believer in truly testing skincare before reviewing and as you can see, I have used them a lot so am prepared to share my thoughts....



Origins Zero Oil Cleanser -
This cleanser is aimed at oily and blemish prone skin, it is a gel cleanser which lathers nicely. It feels refreshing on the skin due to the Mint ingredients. It is formulated without: Parabens, Phthalate, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PABA, Petrolatum, Paraffin, DEA, Synthetic Colour, Synthetic Fragrance, Animal Ingredients. So stands well on the no nasties front! The ingredients contains (to name a few) sage, lemon peel oil, spearmint, lavender oil, saw palmetto, salicylic acid, orange oil... So it contains a lot of natural, refreshing and pore refining ingredients. Furthermore, that salicylic acid can really get into your skin and clean any bacteria which may be sitting in your pores which may cause spots and acne!

On a whole, I love this cleanser as it is refreshing and leaves the skin feeling soo clean, I have tried a lot of cleansers however when I use this I can actually feel and see the positive effect it makes on my skin. I must state that I do double cleanse, I cleanse once with perhaps a balm or a hot-cloth cleanser to remove all the make-up and then I will re-cleanse with this to really get all the dirt out of my pores. I think this will also be an exceptional cleanser for when it is warmer and there is more condensation as it refreshes and deeply cleanses the skin without stripping it.

Origins Zero Oil Toner - 
After my love for the cleanser I went out and purchased the toner, only to be disappointed. I find that toners are a little out-dated in this day and age as, if you double cleanse, your skin is virtually clean and you don't need a toner to suck out any excess grime. Most toners I have encountered just strip your skin and lead (especially us oily girls) us into 'thinking' that our skin is clean and oil-free. However, like most other toners, this toner contains Alcohol. AVOID ALCOHOL AT ALL COSTS. Drink it, yes, mmm. Just don't put it on your face! It strips your skin of all its oils which leads to an extra build up of oils and makes your skin extremely de-hydrated (remember, oily skin does not mean hydrated skin!) 

I tried but this was the same drying toner as your cheap-ass drugstore toners. If you are on the look out for a good toner I have two great ones to recommend: Liz Earle Instant Boost Tonic and Clarins Brightening Toner.

Overall: Cleanser = good, stamp of approval
Toner = alcohol, bad, no. 

Have you tried the Origins Zero Oil range?



Post a Comment

Contact

© Coquette Noelle
Design by The Basic Page