As you should be all well aware of by now, I am living in France. What comes with that is a greatly (for me) condensed make-up collection. During a quick trip back home I decided to make myself a mini mac palette to bring back to France with me... which took me longer than I care to share as I love all of my Mac eyeshadows! I see this as my Autumn/Winter palette at it has everything I need from a neutral look to a party look  with some very autumnal shades in the mix!


Mac Black Tied - is a matte black with silver glitter running through it. I chose this shade as you can use it in a variety of ways: you can use it to line the eyes with an angled brush, you can use it lightly to add a darker smoky look to another coloured eyeshadow or you can go all out and apply this to make a bold glittery black smoky eye... perfect for those Christmas parties!

Mac Cranberry - The most autumnal eyeshadow if I ever saw one. Cranberry is a stunning red plum shade with frost. It is quite multi dimensional as it has some burgundy and pink tones to it which makes the shade wearable. This can be used to create many beautiful eye looks and the burgundy eye has been making its comeback this year! Don't be afraid of the red, with a little bit of brown blended into it, it is the most beautiful and yet striking eyeshadow looks!

Mac Honey Lust - Now this is perhaps my least favourite shade in my whole collection as it is a Lustre finish (my least favourite from Mac) which means it doesn't have great colour pay-off. This shadow is basically a gold/copper sparkle, there isn't really any colour to it due to the lustre finish but what you do get is the glitter. For those of you who aren't a fan of the sparkle, this isn't for you. However I am a little partial to a glittery eye, especially this time of year! How I like to use this shade is with a cream eyeshadow as a base so that the glitter can cling on to the eye or if creating a smoky look I like to apply it on the centre of the lid to bring back some dimension to the eye and give it an extra bit of a pop.

Mac Soba - Soba is a golden brown with a golden shimmer running through it. I haven't had much experience or experimentation with this shade so I decided to pop it in the quad to get acquainted with it! I imagine it will look great with all the shades already in the palette or even as a single wash over the lid as it is a very subtle yet beautiful shade. Use it alone or to add depth to the eye, I am very excited to see what looks I am going to create with this shade!

What shades are you wearing this Autumn?

Post a Comment

Contact

© Coquette Noelle
Design by The Basic Page