Second in the line up of my Scrimp & Splurge series is (see the first post here) is a base combination. This is a pretty basic "every day face" as it isn't particularly flawless, matte or luminous but is a great no effort good, healthy skin pairing.


For foundation I picked the Bourjois Happy Light foundation which is a superb every day foundation as it is one you don't really have to think about. Sometimes foundations can be too luminous for everyday and some a little too matte but I find the happy light foundation to be rather fuss free as it provides luminosity where you need it yet is velvety in any areas you don't want to shine and is relatively long lasting (on my oily skin). Plus the coverage is light to medium-ish so that you don't have to worry about it getting cakey or applying too much on those rushed mornings! Plus you can conceal anything you don't want on show! A purse-fect foundation if you ask me and one of my top three drugstore foundations!

To finish this foundation and set any concealing I love to use the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light which is the best every-day powder to finish your make-up with as it sets the makeup in place, gets rid of any forehead glare yet imparts a soft glow onto the skin. Plus the yellow toned powder is great for diffusing any redness which I find I suffer more with at this time of year as my skin is going from warm indoors to cold outdoors back to warm indoors and it does cause havoc on my cheeks and nose giving me a rudolph-esque look! This keeps me looking less red and my skin clearer and almost translucent! Just lovely! However for the price of this I would not recommend carrying this around with you as it may smash and if this baby smashed I honestly would cry!

What are your favourite base products? 

Post a Comment

Contact

© Coquette Noelle
Design by The Basic Page