With the Summer 2014 Collections released, I just had to pick something up from the Dior Transat Collection. Dior always screams summer to me as they do some of the most amazing shades each year, this year was no exception however I only purchased on item from the new collection and I am dubbing it the "if you buy one thing this from the new collections..." because it is just that good.


The must-have item this summer is the Diorskin Nude Tan Transat Edition Golden Shimmer Powder (could that name be any longer? - Chandler Bing). Despite it's terribly long name, this item is all sorts of magical. Now I know, I have no need of yet another highlighter in my collection but this one is truly one of its kind. 

Before we get into the good stuff, let's talk about the bad stuff, the price. This comes in at a whopping £40 (ouch) but you do get enough product to last you a life time and a very handy mini kabuki brush.


The powder itself is embossed with the classic NUDE that is found in the Diorskin Nude Bronzers. It is a warm, medium-gold that would suit many skintones. Most highlighters are a champagne or a pale gold which can sometimes look a little stark on warm skin tones and can even make dark skin tones ashy. This however has enough warmth in it to suit medium to darker skin tones but it is pale enough in colour to suit fair skin.  As a reference point, it is warmer and slightly darker than the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight. 


The magic in this highlighter is the finish. Yes, the colour is beautiful and is unlike any that I have in my collection but the finish is out of this world. Most powder highlighters give a shimmery, reflective glow to the face but this powder gives quite a dewy finish. By that I mean that instead of the shimmer translating as glitter or metallic, it gives an almost wet look to the skin as if you had used a creamy or liquid highlighter. 


I must apologise for the above photograph as photo really doesn't catch the beauty of this highlighter but rest assured, swatched in person it is a very dewy, wet-looking powder that warms up the face and makes you look as glowing as ever-gorgeous Candice Swanepoel.

This is a limited edition product so if you are interested I would recommend you rush to your nearest Dior counter so that you can fall in love with this powder as I have. 

Post a Comment

Contact

© Coquette Noelle
Design by The Basic Page