As part of my Sephora haul (see here) I picked up the Tarte Mattenificent Palette. A face and eye palette that contains a blush, 6 eyeshadows and 2 eye liners, all of which are completely matte. It took me a while to get to grips with it and this is a palette that I have a love hate relationship with.

The shades within this range are warm, rosy/purple hues which would suit all skin tones. One great love I have for this palette, is the names...

Blush - Elevated
Eyeshadows (top row) - Sand out from the crowd, Peach for the stars and Two plums up
Eyeshadows  (bottom row) - Pink outside the box, Rose to the Occasion and View from the taupe
Liners - Dream in Chocolate, Don't stand black


The quality of the palette is pretty good, the blush is on par with all other Tarte blushes. The eyeshadows are very soft and incredibly easy to blend out. The disappointing product in this palette, are the liners, they are quite chalky and hard. The pay off is good, however you have to really work your brush into the product to get a nice, dense colour. It works well enough as it doesn't cause too much fall out, however it is a little high difficult to work with.

The tone of this palette is divine as it has some gorgeous rosy-purple shades are incredibly universal. I love the inclusion of the taupe shade as a transition colour. My favourite shades are: Rose to the Occassion and View from the taupe. My least favourite is: Pink outside the box, as it is too pale for my skin tone.


I decided to create a day and a night look so that you can see how these blend and look on the skin and also get an idea as to how versatile this palette is. 

Day Look
I decided to keep it really simple here and applied Peach For The Stars all over the lid and blended Rose To The Occasion into the crease. To lighten things up and subtly highlight I applied Sand Out From The Crowd on my brow bone, added a nude eyeliner into the waterline then applied mascara!


Night Look
I decided to smoke things up for the night look, I started by applying View From The Taupe into the crease making sure to really blend and diffuse the colour. This will act as our crease contour and will also aid when blending out any darker colours on the outer corners of the eyes. I decided to go in with the dark purple shade, Two Plums Up, applying it on the outer V of the eye, again making sure to blend, keeping everything soft and smoky. I continued to lightly apply more of the same shadow and blending it out until I got the desired intensity. To add some more dimension, I took the lightest shade, Pink Outside The Box, and applied it onto the brow bone and the inner corners of the eyes and finished off with some black mascara.


I have enjoyed using this palette as the quality is brilliant and it has some really beautiful and unique shades, however as they are all matte, creating an eye look with just this palette can be tricky as things can look a little flat... so I'm not quite 100% on this palette as I do enjoy a little shimmer on the lids.

If you love mattes or are lacking them in your collection, then this is a superb palette! However if you are looking for a do-it-all palette or love a little shimmy-shimmer like I do, perhaps skip on it?


Do you like the look of the Tarte Mattenificent Palette?
What are your thoughts on matte eyeshadows?

Post a Comment

Contact

© Coquette Noelle
Design by The Basic Page