In my most recent Beauty Buzz post, I mentioned that I had gone to my boyfriends graduation, so I thought I would talk to you about the base products I used which not only looked good but held up all day in the heat. 
A little disclaimer: this was a very pricey base so if you hate horrendously priced make-up then just click right off this page 'cos it is about to get expensive.

The first product I used was the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. This is quite a pricey primer however I have been living off of several Space NK samples that I haven't yet had to purchase the full sized version. It is quite a light primer that feels quite creamy but there is a definite silicone feeling to the product which isn't the nicest but it really does an amazing job of smoothing over the skin so that any makeup you apply on top of it will just glide on. The real star quality of this product is that it actually does make your foundation look better for longer so this is always a must for creating a flawless base that will last through the heat.


The foundation I chose was the By Terry Densiliss foundation which is a truly beautiful formula. It is a serum foundation which means it feels light and ever-so-slightly creamy on the skin. If you have ever tried By Terry base products, this has the same scent and touch as the other foundations in their line. It is a natural, quite velvet finish foundation which is perfect in the heat as a dewy foundation can translate as greasy in photography. It isn't too matte so not only will it photograph beautifully but it will look great in person too. I would say the coverage is medium-full as you can definitely build this up to the desired coverage you want. I usually go in with one and a half pumps as I find that gives me enough coverage whilst keeping a natural look to the skin. Again, with the previous product, this was picked as it has astounding longevity and is one of the best long lasting foundations I have encountered. Yes, it is extremely pricey but I can't really fault this foundation.


I wanted to powder the face to ensure that my base would stay put as it was an extremely hot and sticky morning. I decided to use the By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder as it leaves a very soft-focus finish to the skin without adding any shimmer that will flash back in photographs. As a warning, this does give the white flash-back face immediately after applying (when it is sitting on top of the skin). In order to avoid any white talc-face, you want to be sure to gently buff this into the skin with either a brush or a beauty blender, plus this will ensure that the overall finish doesn't look powdered and remains very natural. After being sat on the skin for an hour, this had absolutely no flash-back on photography. I would not recommend using this throughout the day either as not only is it a bit messy but as I said, when photographed immediately after application it can give a white cast. Asides from that, I really do think this is an excellent powder that minimises pores and imperfections whilst locking in your foundation, making sure that it remains flawless all day.



What are your fail-safe base products?

Post a Comment

Contact

© Coquette Noelle
Design by The Basic Page