Once upon a time there was a girl who spent all of her pennies at Space NK, one day, she decided not to buy her 567th lipstick but instead to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a hair oil she did not need! After a few weeks of using this hair oil, she realised that she actually quite liked it...


(Disclaimer: At the time of writing this post, I am very tired and may have spent too much time thinking about how the literacy lessons on my PGCE placement could be improved, so please do forgive me for the fairy tale introduction.)

Oribe, it's not a cheap brand is it? But it sure does smell good and we are all crackers about their Dry Texturising Spray (and their Apres Beach Spray!) so due to their great reputation, their wonderfully scented products and my complete inability to handle my own finances, I decided to purchase their Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil. So let's get to the point, is a 100ml hair oil really worth £45? It kind of is and here are a few reasons why.

1. The ingredients list isn't packed with silicones, it actually contains a nice blend of oils which will actually nourish your hair instead of giving it a short-term silky effect. 
2. It's lightweight. Other hair oils I have tried have left my hair oily, heavy and gloppy when all I want is a sleeker, light as air feel to my hair! Plus, even if you apply too much, it won't leave your hair oily and in desperate need of a wash the next day.
3. It isn't slippy. As I previously mentioned, this isn't packed with silicones so it won't leave your hair with that slippy feel. This is excellent because sometimes we want to style our sleek and shiny hair but after using a silicone laden hair oil, you'll have trouble even keeping your hair in a ponytail.
4. A little goes a long way. This may be true for most hair oils, however the pump dispenses the perfect amount for the hair so there is little waste and the bottle should last you for at least 3 months.

But would I repurchase it? You know what, I probably would but only if I had to money to spend on it. If you have troublesome hair or just enjoy haircare and want to treat yourself, then I would recommend you try this because it is the best hair oil I have used (and I have tried a lot of them).

If this is out of your price range or you are just a sensible person who would never spend £45 on the hair you get cut off every two months but are still interested in this, try asking Space NK to decant you some and if you like it, pop it on your Christmas List! I'm sure Santa will already be dropping by Space NK to pick you up a few other products and wouldn't mind adding this under your tree!

But, as this is so expensive, I'd love to see if there are any hair oils that compare to this and that won't require me having to explain to my boyfriend why he has to pay for the Aldi shop that week.

 Have you ever tried the Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil? If not, what's your favourite hair oil?

Post a Comment

Contact

© Coquette Noelle
Design by The Basic Page